This team is dedicated to providing a reverent worship space that demonstrates love and respect for God and His people gathered in His name.
- Preparing the altar area of the sanctuary prior to worship.
- Ensuring the paraments and banners match the correct season on the liturgical calendar.
- Preparing communion and altar set-up prior to worship.
- Cleaning and storing paraments, linens, and sacramental vessels appropriately.
This team adds to the effectiveness and impact of each worship service
by providing smooth operation of our audio-visual equipment.
- Arriving at church by 9:25 on Sunday morning and running through the checklist included in Redeemer’s AV Desktop Procedures.
- Running audio-visual equipment during the worship.
- Properly shutting down and storing equipment after the worship service.
This team works with the other teams to return the church facilities pre-Sunday morning condition.
- Touching base with other teams to make sure clean up responsibilities are covered
- Ensuring bathrooms are clean and restocked
- Vacuuming, sweeping and/or mopping/swiffering as needed.
This team welcomes visitors and parishioners in a way that creates a lasting impression of Redeemer and encourages visitors and guests to return.
- Welcoming visitors and guests and appropriately greeting each parishioner
- Ensuring everyone receives a bulletin from an usher and directions they might need to restrooms, nursery or other areas of the facility.
- Helping guests complete the guest book and a Contact Card. Deliver the Contact Card to the Pastor’s desk.
- Introduce guests to the Pastor.
- Follow-up: by Monday afternoon/evening bring some sort of baked goods to the guests’ home(s) and reiterate our welcome to them and invite them to return. (This is NOT cold-call evangelism; you are simply making another contact with someone who has already come into our building. Please debrief the Pastor about the follow-up visit.)
This team further conveys Redeemer’s emphasis on welcoming our visitors, guests
and parishioners to feel “at home”.
- Before Sunday, checking supplies for the coffee bar including coffee condiments. Any needed purchases will be reimbursed by the treasurer.
- Ensure there is also food to go with the coffee. The type of food is your choice.
- After worship, ensure the coffee area and kitchen are is cleaned and the condiment bins are refilled.
A nursery available during Sunday study and worship time is another way we show the love of Jesus to our families.
- Determining if there is a need for care for young children. Be prepared for late-comers.
- Familiarizing yourself with Redeemer’s Nursery Policy.
- Ensuring the Nursery is cleaned after the service.
Ushers make the church service more meaningful and memorable, by making visitors and parishioners comfortable with the flow of the worship service.
- Stand at door of sanctuary and give bulletins to those entering. Assist people in finding a seat in the sanctuary as needed.
- Ensure the Guest Connection Team members know if there are visitors and guests.
- Count attendance for worship and check your number with the number counted by the Audio-Video Team.
- Collect the offering at the appropriate time and ‘direct traffic’ for communion.
- Make a sweep of the sanctuary after service and coordinate with the Hospitality Team and Clean Up Team to ensure the church has been returned to ‘pre-worship service’ form. Put used bulletins and other paper in the recycle bin in the copier room.
I'm interested in learning about joining a Sunday Servant Team.