Seven Questions with a Servant: Janet Winans
1. What’s Your Name?
2. Will you please share a little about yourself (where you’re from, where you work, about your spouse, children, grandchildren, pets, etc)?
Born at Flat Top, Mercer County. Graduated from Shady Springs High School. Worked for federal government (Interstate Commerce Commission) until I had children. Have 3 sons, Jeff, Greg and Heath. Divorced and single mom for 5 years. Have 10 grandchildren. Been married to Steve since December 1977.
3. How long have you been attending/serving at Redeemer?
Was a member from 1977 to 1979 when we were transferred to Georgia. Started attending again in 2015 and become a member.
4. In what ways do you serve at Redeemer, which is your favorite way?
Choir and Board of Stewardship. Enjoy singing and being in the choir. Also enjoy helping with Feed My Sheep and Backpack Ministries.
5. How has serving at Redeemer impacted you?
Shown me my weaknesses and forced me outside my comfort zone.
6. What’s something about you not many folks know?
I'm one of 12 children. 5 brothers and 7 sisters. 5 of my siblings have passed. I'm # 9.
7. What do you like most about Redeemer?
How friendly and accepting the people when we started attending. Enjoy Pastor's sermons.